Electromagnetics and Antennas
- Low frequency response: .001 Hz or less.
- Upper frequency range: 10 Hz.
- Internal noise: 1 x 10-8 G/Hz1/2
- High dynamic range: >120 dB
- Length: 54 inches
- Diameter: 2.5 inches
- ELF, VLF, LF field mapping
- Geophysical prospecting
- Cable locatinon
- Environmental applications
Induction-coil sensors provide the most sensitive detection of the rate of change of induction with time (dB/dT). The low frequency limit can be extended to 0.001 Hz. However, this increases the overall size.
Multi-axis sensors can measure and map low-frequency electromagnetic field distribution. These field distributions can help in detection, mapping, and characterization of underground cavities, electromagnetic anomalies, and underground structures. They also have uses in geophysical prospecting.