GPS System ProductsComplete Hardware and Software Solutions for the Design and Development of Advanced GPS Systems
Read detailed PDF brochure on GPS products.
Read PDF Press Release
CRS has developed entirely software-based single- and dual-frequency GPS receivers, a GPS signal simulator and other associated software modules and hardware units. The software modules allow easy configuration of improved GPS receiver architecture design and development. A graphical user interface is provided for ease in designing and developing new and improved architectures.
The modules are based on CRS's Windows-based IMPULSE™ software system for development of complex systems. It offers high fidelity, rapid execution, scalability, interface to doctrinally correct modules, and built-in analysis.
The software GPS modules can be configured as an excellent simulator for the development of new and improved GPS receivers. Once the simulation is completed, the software modules (in tuned C) can be directly implemented in host processors (PC, DSP, FPGA or ASIC) for real-time applications. All the necessary modules are available.
Developed under SBIR funding for ONR, the Open Architecture Receiver allows the use of building-block hardware and software modules to construct fully functioning GPS receivers in matter of minutes. This allows rapid prototyping and production in a one-step process.
- Fully open architecture.
- C/A code, P-code, codeless, or semi codeless operation
- Single, dual, or multiple frequency (L5-capable)
- Multiple antennas allow STAP (for multipath, interference etc.)
- Ability to visualize signals from any module
- Building blocks based on tuned C code, allowing real-time implementation (PC, DSP, FPGA or ASIC)
In conjunction with the CRS GPS Signal Simulator, the software receiver allows developers to rapidly design and test new GPS algorithms and techniques. Starting from a supplied model receiver, or from scratch, the user can quickly implement any development idea and test it in the same software. A software GPS receiver can also be directly used for non-real time receiver applications. Various improved front ends for single, dual and triple frequencies are available. A front end with multiple antennas allows beamforming, space-time adaptive processing (STAP), interference
Advantages of a Software GPS Receiver
- Rapid transition from design to implementation
- Easy adaptation for new applications
- Immediate comparisons of different architectures during development
- Simplified upgrades
Various Hardware Modules Compatible with the Software System are AvailableThese inlcude:
- GPS receiver front ends: available for single, dual, and multiple frequencies. Multiple antennas.
- GPS data-logging system: RAM or disk-based data recording at up to 120 MBytes/sec on L1 and L2.
- Hardware pre-processors (FPGA correlators, DSP pre-processors etc.) for real-time receivers
Hardware modules are highly modular, allowing the users to mix and match various building blocks to optimize the desired performances. The modularity offers flexibility, compatibility, and future upgrades. It prevents obsolescence.
Software-Based Signal Simulator
The open-architecture software system allows simulation of GPS signals under a variety of conditions in an extremely convenient manner. The schematic-based system can be used to simulate signals from multiple satellites. It can be used to synthesize the signals at any location on Earth or in space. Multiple antennas can be simulated. It can be used to model various effects, such as:
Scintillation, interference and jamming; narrow-band, wide-band and directional; high-dynamics; specified orbits; wavefronts at multiple antenna locations; plasma re-entry bodies; obscuration; multipath effects; ocean scattering.
The full GPS constellation is available, for both L1 and L2. All the necessary modules for user-defined systems are provided.
Hardware implementation is under development.
- Design and testing of new hardware
- Development of new frequencies, waveforms
- Adaptation to special applications (anti-jam, snapshot processing, anti-scintillation, high dynamics, etc.)
- Fast acquisition in FFT, multipath monitoring and mitigation, STAP, joint detection and tracking, covert operation degraded S/N, direct Y-code acquisition
- Controlled testing using the software simulator
- Allows precise simulation of conditions not possible with conventional systems
Read detailed PDF brochure on GPS products.
Read this web page as a PDF brochure.